IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Welcome to Ibprobattle.com. All new members must make a welcome post before gaining access to the forums. Thank you from Team Ibprobattle.
(26/11/2014 - 08:51 AM) Green Bastard  -  Good day all.
(26/11/2014 - 12:38 AM) Green Bastard  -  Thanks for taking care of that and welcome back Apo and the gang.
(25/11/2014 - 09:01 PM) Apo  -  no prob bro
(25/11/2014 - 04:49 PM) Bronx  -  evening all...i forgot to redo reg for site.....my bad whistling.gif
(22/11/2014 - 01:40 AM) Apo  -  Good weekend all
(21/11/2014 - 02:34 PM) Green Bastard  -  Afternoon everybody.
(19/11/2014 - 11:13 PM) Green Bastard  -  Hope everyone is doing good.

Welcome Guest, to remove this message you must register

Welcome to IbProBattle, The official site of Ibprobattle Enhanced....THE ONLY SITE OUT THERE WITH BATTLE ARMOR FOR IBPROBATTLE. To register for this site all that is required is a valid email address that the board can send a confirmation link to before access is allowed.

Register Now

There are many great site features that are not available to guests at IbProBattle including:
  • Play Ibprobattle Enhanced against the top Ibprobattleaholics on the net, and the ONLY site with BATTLE ARMOR
  • Gain access to our Arcade
  • Gain access to FREE Arcade Games downloads
  • Gain access to our Chat Forum

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Calgary Landlord Charged $5,000 After Reporting Grow-op
Green Bastard
postMar 9 2012, 06:23 PM
Post #1

Sunnyvale Heavyweight Champ!

Group: Owner
Member No.: 4
In Bank: 41594597

Battle Central

Not exactly in my neck of the woods but thought it was an interesting story and I feel for the guy. Stupid call by City Hall and shows you how out of touch these people who call the shots these days.

A Calgary man says a permit fee from the city adds insult to injury in the cost of repairs he must make after discovering a marijuana grow-op in his rental property.

Fraser Tuff rented out a home in the southeast neighbourhood of Mahogany in December.

Tuff called police when he became suspicious the tenant had started a grow-op. A grow-op was discovered inside and Tuff may have to pay up to $40,000 to fix the house.

He also has to pay $5,000 to the city for an environmental inspection permit and $1,800 for a fence around the house.

The city says the $5,000 fee is to cover the cost of city inspectors who supervise the clean up.

“The whole process is going to end up being incredibly costly to me and so looking back on it I kind of wish that I would have just phoned them and said get out now,” he said.

“However, I thought the safe thing to do would be to call the police and the right thing to do would be to get the guy arrested, because if I kick him out of my house he's just going to move into someone else's right?”

Tuff said the city should waive the fee to encourage people to do the right thing.

“I'd like them to do whatever they can to help me,” he said. “I don't expect them to buy materials for my house or pay for the labour to fix it, but I do expect that they don't nickel and dime me with bureaucratic garbage.”

Ald. Diane Colley-Urquhart said the city needs to review these costs.

“We really need to look at the way the bylaw stands and see what kind of discretion we can bring to it so we don't further penalize a homeowner,” she said.

Colley-Urquhart said most grow-ops are owned by organized crime, and the criminals should have to pay all the fees.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Randy
postMar 10 2012, 07:48 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Staff
Member No.: 168
In Bank: 23831335989

Battle Central

they are making the wrong guy pay in my opinion

+Quote Post
Green Bastard
postMar 10 2012, 09:04 AM
Post #3

Battle Central

If they would legalize it stuff like this could be paid by the taxes collected from it.

+Quote Post
Bronx
postMar 10 2012, 02:04 PM
Post #4

The harbinger of death

Member No.: 2
In Bank: 8826113

Battle Central

we are getting closer and closer every day to that happening

+Quote Post
Randy
postMar 13 2012, 05:44 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Battle Central

the stumbling block of legalizing it will be control and level of impairment, we have a doper at work (we drive 10ton straight trucks) who gets stoned while driving, I caught up to him on a major hwy (100 kmph is the limit) he was stoned out of his mind in the center lane doing 60 kmph, at what point is the cut off and how will they police it not that they are now anyway.

+Quote Post
Green Bastard
postMar 13 2012, 07:01 AM
Post #6

Battle Central

I would think they would have to treat it like drinking and driving and they do have tests for it now as well. The one thing I don't find fair is that they test for alcohol and pot but why not prescription drugs? I'm sure there are millions on the roads each day who are affected by heavy dosages of pain killers and the like.

+Quote Post
Bronx
postMar 13 2012, 07:37 AM
Post #7

The harbinger of death

Member No.: 2
In Bank: 8826113

Battle Central

i can assure you they do road side tests for people who smoke while driving.... and the tests are passable as long as your not a burn out stoner who clearly should not be behind the wheel... i know of someone who was administered a road side test moments after smoking a phattie and passed it no problem at all... this was only weeks ago 420 smilie.gif

I heard there is even a iphone video of the test being administered... whistling.gif

--------------------

Often imitated but never duplicated

+Quote Post
Randy
postMar 14 2012, 11:03 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Battle Central

totally agree with the prescriptions, I didnt know they were that far advanced with roadside tests already, the guy who works where I do shouldnt be driving

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th November 2014 - 07:49 AM
Website Content Protection
Aurora 3 | Designed by XGhozt © 2007 | XGhozt.com | Background by co2metal.