IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Welcome to Ibprobattle.com. All new members must make a welcome post before gaining access to the forums. Thank you from Team Ibprobattle.
(11:51 PM) Green Bastard  -  Thanks Apo, same to you. score.gif
(11:25 PM) Apo  -  Happy weekend all :)
(19/09/2014 - 10:05 AM) Green Bastard  -  Work? Hey no swearing in the shout box now Apo. lol
(18/09/2014 - 08:25 PM) Apo  -  Friday morning play before dress up and go to work
(18/09/2014 - 08:23 PM) Apo  -  fine thank you
(18/09/2014 - 08:05 AM) Green Bastard  -  Good day all.
(18/09/2014 - 07:54 AM) Green Bastard  -  How's it going m8?
(18/09/2014 - 07:54 AM) Green Bastard  -  Its not 23 though. lol
(18/09/2014 - 07:54 AM) Green Bastard  -  Nice. It's not cold just raining.
(18/09/2014 - 07:53 AM) Apo  -  23 celcius
(18/09/2014 - 07:52 AM) Apo  -  Sunny here with thin clouds
(18/09/2014 - 07:51 AM) Green Bastard  -  Wow actual clouds and rain in the sky...who knew? lol
(17/09/2014 - 09:58 AM) Green Bastard  -  Hey yo.
(17/09/2014 - 08:13 AM) Apo  -  Howdy yo
(16/09/2014 - 07:35 AM) Green Bastard  -  Howdy.
(13/09/2014 - 10:51 AM) Green Bastard  -  Hey thanks Randy.
(13/09/2014 - 10:45 AM) Randy  -  good day back all
(13/09/2014 - 10:25 AM) Apo  -  Ok
(13/09/2014 - 09:31 AM) Green Bastard  -  Good day all.
(13/09/2014 - 09:31 AM) Green Bastard  -  Bronx and I live about an hour east of Van. It's still nice here and it's mid September. It's pretty nice here for the most part even our winters are usually pretty mild compared to where I lived back in January.
(13/09/2014 - 01:00 AM) Apo  -  Our summer here starts officially in June
(13/09/2014 - 12:58 AM) Apo  -  Vancouver
(13/09/2014 - 12:58 AM) Apo  -  I have aunt living there in Vancouverand my brother is there now for vacation
(13/09/2014 - 12:57 AM) Apo  -  I think it depends on where you are in Canada
(13/09/2014 - 12:05 AM) Green Bastard  -  I thought our winter months were your summer months down under there Apo.

Welcome Guest, to remove this message you must register

Welcome to IbProBattle, The official site of Ibprobattle Enhanced....THE ONLY SITE OUT THERE WITH BATTLE ARMOR FOR IBPROBATTLE. To register for this site all that is required is a valid email address that the board can send a confirmation link to before access is allowed.

Register Now

There are many great site features that are not available to guests at IbProBattle including:
  • Play Ibprobattle Enhanced against the top Ibprobattleaholics on the net, and the ONLY site with BATTLE ARMOR
  • Gain access to our Arcade
  • Gain access to FREE Arcade Games downloads
  • Gain access to our Chat Forum

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Loco News For The Day!, CPD to permanently patrol Highway 111
Guest_Nastytang_*
postApr 7 2011, 09:59 AM
Post #1

Guests

In Bank:

Battle Central

CPD to permanently patrol Highway 111

Cookeville Public Works employees, sign techs put up a sign on High-
way 111 aimed at warning drivers that they are entering an area where
speed limit laws are strictly enforced.Herald-Citizen Photo

COOKEVILLE -- The Cookeville Police Department started a daily campaign to stop traffic law violations on one of the city's busiest roads last week, and now, 311 tickets later, they say they are going to make it permanent.

"We have obtained permission from the Tennessee Department of Transportation to put up signs on Highway 111 through Cookeville saying that the speed limits are strictly enforced," Police Chief Bob Terry said.

"And we're going to stay with this campaign to make that highway safer."

Traffic Division Major Mark Maxwell said patrols from his division will be assigned to the area "every day until the violations stop."

The speed violation crackdown on Highway 111 through Cookeville began on March 28 and continues today.

It came about as a result of complaints from the public about vehicles whizzing through that area at dangerous speeds, and officers quickly found the complaints were justified as they worked patrols there during the busiest morning and afternoon hours in recent days.

They stopped vehicles going over 90 miles per hour and one motorcycle that was traveling at over 100 miles per hour. They ticketed drivers for various types of driving violations, but most tickets were for speeding.

On the first day, March 28, 42 tickets were issued, 57 the next day, 51 on the third day, and the rest since then as follows: 45, 31, 23, 34, 13, 7, 8.

Terry and Maxwell insist the campaign is "not about revenue," as Maxwell put it. Even though speeding ticket fines start at $150, the revenue aspect was never considered in the campaign, he said.

"The city is doing fine, they don't need revenue from something like this. This is about saving lives," Maxwell said.

"We've already tried everything to get people to slow down and obey the traffic laws -- we tried issuing warning tickets, we tried public education about the dangers, we've put up signs, we've placed patrol cars at certain places. But none of that has stopped people from flying through here at dangerous speeds, so we had no choice left but to start ticketing them."

And though some disgruntled drivers have complained that it is nothing but a "speed trap," both Terry and Maxwell take exception to that.

"It is not a speed trap," Maxwell said. "We'd like to be able to accomplish the same thing without issuing tickets, but nothing else has worked."

"We are not a ticket-happy department at all," Terry said. "We see the dangers out there and we've tried other ways to cut down on it, and now we are taking a more active approach."

Among the disgruntled drivers who got a ticket recently was a relative of Terry, he said.

"And he told me about it. It was for a violation of the Move Over law." That is a state law requiring drivers to move to another lane when passing places where emergency vehicles are engaged in roadside work.

"He said he was unable to get into another lane, but he got a ticket," Terry said. "And I told him there was nothing I could do except help him pay the ticket if he needed me to."

The campaign to make Highway 111 safer will continue, the chief said.

Anyways That The Loco News For The Day: unsure.gif ohmy.gif

Nasty!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Green Bastard
postApr 7 2011, 10:58 AM
Post #2

Sunnyvale Heavyweight Champ!

Group: Owner
Member No.: 4
In Bank: 39206897

Battle Central

not a speed trap

LMAO!

not about the money

ROTFLMFAO!! even harder.......
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 01:56 AM
Website Content Protection
Aurora 3 | Designed by XGhozt © 2007 | XGhozt.com | Background by co2metal.